In which the Nerds put away their penchant for kinetic energy weapons and kill ratios to talk about alternatives to war as politics by other means: soft power and cultural diplomacy. With an expert panel they discuss the definition of the concept, its origins and what it looks like in practice, using Australia and China as two key case examples. In the final part of the show, the Nerds talk about a new book on state succession and formation.
- Dr Stewart Jackson, Department of Government and International Relations, University of Sydney
- Dr Amanda Elliott, Department of Sociology and Social Policy, University of Sydney
- Distinguished Professor Ien Ang, Institute for Culture and Society, Western Sydney University
- Professor Jocelyn Chey, Director, Australia China Institute for Arts and Culture, Western Sydney University,
- Dr Ryan Griffiths, Department of Government, University of Sydney
With post-show chatter and a book give away!