In which the Nerds dissect the 2017 Western Australian state election, looking at the context of the outgoing Liberal government, the campaign and key issues, players and results, and the incoming ALP government, its faces and challenges.
- Dr Stewart Jackson, Department of Government and International Relations, University of Sydney
- Dr Amanda Elliot, Department of Sociology and Social Policy, University of Sydney
With their guests:
- Dr Ian Cook, Senior Lecturer, Murdoch University
- Professor Rodney Smith, Professor of Australian Politics, University of Sydney
- Ben Raue, Electoral Analyst, http://tallyroom.com.au/
With! Bonus! Post-show podcast extra discussions of the implications of the election for the participants, and wider Australian politics, and a detailed discussion of the recent Dutch national elections!
In which the nerds review week 5 of the 2016 Australian Federal Election. With Guests:
- Professor Rodney Smith, University of Sydney
- Professor Ariadne Vromen, University of Sydney
The Nerds discuss the federal nature of the debate, drivers behind localism and if the 2016 campaign is more local than previous years. They also consider issues of political use of public funding, youth participation and policy issues concerning young people.
In the podcast extra, the Nerds consider and reject concerns about political violence in Australia, and discuss the issue of economic participation of younger people.
In which the Nerds, in an act of extreme political science insight, have organised their first election wrap up show for the very day the 2016 federal election is officially announced. With guests:
… hosts Dr Amanda Elliot and Dr Stewart Jackson discuss the narratives shaping up the election contest, and key seats to watch given the shape of recent polling.