In which regular host, Dr Amanda Elliot is joined by guest hosts Associate Professor Anika Gauja and Daniel Skold to discuss the ins, outs, ups and downs of the 2016 Eurovision contest.
In the second annual Eurovision special, the hosts are joined by:
- Dr Jess Carniel, School of Arts and Communication, University of Southern Queensland.
- Professor Alison Lewis, School of Languages and Linguistics, University of Melbourne
- Dr Lukasz Swiatek, Department of Media & Communications, University of Sydney
And discuss the Eurovision audience in Australia and abroad, Eurovision’s push into Asia, what Eurovision tells us about European politics and society, controversies, and the research of newly minted Dr Swiatek’s research on the production side of major events of this kind.
The Nerds finally tackle one of the big issues in international relations: The Eurovision Song Contest
- Dr Amanda Elliot, Department of Sociology, University of Sydney
- Dr Anika Gauja, Department of Government and International Relations, University of Sydney
Live Tweeted by:
- Mr Lukasz Swiatek, Department of Media and Communications, University of Sydney
- Dr Chris Neff, Department of Government and International Relations, University of Sydney
- Dr Siobhan O’Sullivan, School of Social Sciences, UNSW Australia
- Ms Cindy Chen, Former Honours student, Department of Government and International Relations, University of Sydney
- Mr Daniel Skold, ‘from Sweden’
- Dr Mark Rolfe, School of Social Sciences, UNSW Australia
This podcast excludes three songs originally included the the broadcast version of the show.