In which the Nerds review the 2017 Australian Federal Budget and chat about recent international elections.
- Dr Stewart Jackson, Department of Government and International Relations, University of Sydney
- Dr Amanda Elliot, Department of Sociology and Social Policy, University of Sydney
- Dr Chris Martin, UNSW Sydney Built Environment
The focus of the conversation in on aspects of the budget with particular relevance to social housing, the nature of the housing bubble and policy responses associated with the underlying market distortion. The Nerds also review the 2017 French presidential election, and upcoming British and German votes.
With bonus post-broadcast chatter!
In which the nerds revisit the 2016 federal budget, examining aspects of the budget that were overlooked in the initial reporting, linking the budget with longer-term policy making and trends, identify gaps and structural defects in this most political of policy documents.
Hosts Dr Stewart Jackson and Dr Amanda Elliot are joined by:
- Dr David Bond, Lecturer in Accounting from the UTS, and
- Dr Elizabeth Hill, Lecturer in Political Economy from the University of Sydney
In which the Nerds explore the performance, practical and rhetorical, of Malcolm Turnbull, discuss Australian welfare policy’s function and effectiveness, and a new book on Religious tolerance and repression in the United States.
With a podcast bonus of post-show chatter and a chance to win!